April Oliver Cobb
4865 Country Top CT
Bethlehem, PA 18020
SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES
- Excellent Customer Service 20 years experience.
- Effective Communicator
- Senior Level Collector nineteen years experience.
- Internal Accounts
- Accounts Receivable
- Audit Accounts
- Monthly Reports
- Write Offs
- Team Leader / Mentor
- Schedule Conference Calls
- Proficient with both Microsoft Excel and Word
- Able to quickly learn any accounting or customer service system
- Experienced trainer and problem solver
- Strong time management skills
- · Comparison Report
- · Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Have nineteen years experience managing an Accounts Payable staff.
- Responsible to deliver and maintain existing services.
- Secure payments arrangements with clients.
- Review and analyze monthly progress reports
- Highly seasoned experience managing Business to Business collections accounts.
- Managed larger National accounts
- QA Analyst
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- POS Systems
- Check Pays
- Payoffs Quote
- Account Research
- Fast Data
- Person Search
- Account Research Guide
- CPC Data Base
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- MLS-100 Nortel
- Skip Tracing Tool
- Credit Bureau
- Account Look Port Folio
- Fast Data
- On Demand
- Tungsten (BKA) OB-10
- Tekeda/ Citrix
Owens & Minor, Allentown, PA March 2016 to May 2016
Account Receivable Coordinator/ Supply Chain Management
Full time position,
Self-starter and flexible worker, capable of effectively functioning with minimum supervision. Extensive and diverse knowledge in billing and account management, credit, collections, billing, month-end accounting close, general ledger analysis and reporting. Handling all discrepancy, managed major accounts for example, Acute, Palm Springs, Irwin, and SEGA. Known for taking initiative, having a strong ethic and skilled at meeting challenges and deadlines. Team player, also attentive to details producing quality results. Managed and work with Supply Chain credit approval department for corporate credit approval. Answer credit rating questions from banks and credit bureaus. Review available Supply Chain credit plans with clients. Verifies invoices against register. Compares OMNI, reports against batches.
Skills and Competences:
Hugely Details oriented •Organization/Prioritizing
Account Receivable Coordinator/ Supply chain
- Receives batched checks from receptionist daily and applies each payment to the proper customer invoice.
- Posts any new entries to the appropriate accounts receivable OMNI system and proofs entries against daily cash report.
- Prepares deposit slip, including daily receipts and any miscellaneous cash. Makes daily deposit and prepares daily report as instructed.
- Reviews customer statements each month and answers customer inquires regarding statements or invoices.
- Researches past due invoices which appear on the aging report and mails collection letters to customers, when applicable, and includes copies of past due invoices.
- Sending excel spread sheets with, Vlookup, Macros, Pivot Tables etc.
- Follows up with phone call/second mailing if necessary and refers uncollectible accounts to the Corporate Credit Manager for collection aging or bad debt write-off.
- Processes approved adjustments and write-offs and maintains a detailed record of correspondence and all actions.
- Processes partial pay according to procedures.
- Performs other clerical duties as required including filing, data entry, typing, etc.
- Applies cash to appropriate accounts. After all invoices have been applied and check and balance equals zero, reviews cash application screen to ensure that all invoices have been paid correctly.
- Communicates with customers on any and all accounts receivable issues (short pays, open invoices, aged balance). Documents all telephone calls and files in customer files.
- Maintains accounts receivable files.
- Reviews partial payment notices daily and take appropriate action.
- Set-ups new accounts with appropriate documentation and authorization.
- Communicates and coordinates collection efforts with sales force.
- Reviews and works monthly accounts receivable reports.
- Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Knowledge Supply Chain Software of Edge, Omar, Oracle, Excel, MRA, OM Direct, Business Object, and Citrix Receiver.
- Fast accurate typing.
- Possess good administrative, communication.
- Analytical Thinking, Time Management and Multi-Tasking.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Fisher Clinical Services, Allentown, PA Sept 2015 - Jan 2016 Temp Assignment:
Finance Administration/ Billing Associate:
Self-starter and flexible worker, Capable of effectively functioning with minimum supervision. Extensive and diverse knowledge in billing and account management, credit, collections, billing, month-end accounting close, general ledger analysis and reporting. Managed major accounts for example, Johnson and Johnson, Huffman Larches, Merck, Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, and Bistrol Myers. Known for taking initiative, having a strong ethic and skilled at meeting challenges and deadlines. Team player, also attentive to details producing quality results.
Skills and Competences:
• Hugely Details oriented •Organization/Prioritizing
• Accounts Payable/Payroll.
. Managed Major clients accounts invoices for billing and collections.
. Print out invoices to mail or forward electronic copies.
. Send out monthly billing statements.
. Record payment updates the clients account to reflect payment.
• Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, e excel, PowerPoint, Access).
• Knowledge of QuickBooks, SAP, Coda, Ariba, Merck, Eli Lilly.
• Fast accurate typing.
• Possess good administrative, communication.
• Analytical Thinking, Time Management.
First Credit Services, Allentown, PA Apr 2013 – Jan 2014
Third Party Collection:
- Collected on large commercial accounts, greater than 65K weekly while routinely exceeding team goals.
- Collected on Auto Loans, Medical Bills, Gym Member Ship, and larger Commercial.
- Requested documentation from customers to support their account disputes.
- Contact clients to secure payments, check, Credit Card, Debit Card payment.
- Negotiated settlements with clients in order to close out accounts and provide settlement Agreements.
- Negotiated with our client to get a lower rate for our debtors.
- Trained and mentored new employees.
- Implemented a new Advance Technology collection (CPC) software system, to navigate fast. and to speed up their work flow.
- Managed and enhanced relationships with Blue Cross Blue shield, Aetna Insurance, Government Medicare/Medicaid, BWM, Toyota, GMC, and Easton Hospital.
- Was recognized as the Top collector in the company in 2014.
Windstream, Allentown, PA Jan 2013 – Apr 2013 Temp Assignment
Financial Associate Collector 3: Temp position
- Handled inbound, outbound calls, communicating effectively with customers.
- Sent out original invoices to debtors.
- Sent emails and made phone on a daily bases to confirm receipt of payment the debtors.
- Gathered information regarding disputes, credits, unapplied payments, renewal.
- Set up Conference calls at the request of debtors to review discrepancies.
- Requested W-9 forms to verify customer’s tax exempt.
- Referred delinquent accounts to Sale Representative.
- Escalated call volume as needed, when customers refused to maintain payment arrangements.
Horbortouch, Lehigh Valley, Allentown, PA Apr 2012 – June 2012
Order Administrator: Temp position
- Handled inbound, outbound calls, communicating effectively with retailers, restaurateurs.
- Gathered, verified detailed information from customers that’s used to program POS systems.
- Monitored accounts, notifying customers with status or if additional information is needed.
- Troubleshoot accounts; suggested solutions to ensure customer satisfaction with product.
Wells Fargo Auto Finance, Bethlehem, PA May 2006 – Mar 2011
Senior Collector 3:
- Collected on small- and large-dollar accounts, averaging $80,000 weekly while routinely.
- Exceeding team goals.
- Led a team of 25 collectors; duties included producing daily performance reports,
- Meetings and training sessions, distributing policy updates.
- Trained new, supervised struggling collectors, provide new collection strategies instruction.
- Programs, phone manner, and data entry.
- Managed problem accounts by establishing rapport with customers and maintaining contact
with them to ensure payment schedules were met.
- Achieved numerous performance awards (Wells Fargo Certificate of Achievement) for. recovery 91 million dollars in delinquents accounts in 2011.
- Managed and enhance relationships with larger accounts with, GMC, Chevrolet, BMW of America, Honda America, Toyota, Bentley, Nissan Acceptance Corp, Mercedes Benz of America.
- Was recognized and awarded as the Top Producer in the Northeast Region 2011.
Dun & Bradstreet, Bethlehem, PA June 2000 – May 2006
- Oversaw receivable portfolios worth $5 million for Fortune 500 companies.
- Used specialized software, Internet tools to maintained computer-based account files.
- Trained new or struggling collectors, providing instruction on collection strategies.
- Total collected work for several companies 92Million.
- Mentored 25 team members and trained new staff on phones, computer system.
TelerX, Allentown, PA June 2004 – May 2006
Customer Service Representative Part Time
· Answered and placed hundreds of daily customer calls, discussing benefits and potential
side effects of prescription medication
· Relayed complicated medical information to customers, using simple language to ensure
understanding and address questions
· Updated customer information before transferring files to doctors’ offices for review
Auditor/Machine Operator, 1988 - 1989
Sanmina-SCI – Rapid City, S.D.
- Built and inspected circuit boards, mastered complex machinery and ordered parts
- Running a assemble line by myself.
- QA Analyst
- Cleaning circuit broads after completion.
- Soldering broads when damage.
- Meeting with new clients.
- Building broads for computers, phones, machines for the hospital to keep patients alive to help them breath.
U.S Air Force- Moody Air Force Base 1989-1990
- Set up conference call and conducted daily equipment test.
- Keeping the communication link between the squadron personnel over sea and at base.
U.S. Air Force – Kadena Air Force Base and Moody Air Force Base 1990 – 1999
- Supervised 30 people, scheduled staff and conducted daily equipment tests.
- Conference call with the base commander to Saudi Arabia and other sites.
- Keeping the communication link between the squadron personnel in South West Asia and their spouses in the United States.
- Transferring call off base from the Okinawa’s to on base
- Keeping employees safe and protected from danger in typhoon season, making sure they have water, food and blankets, making sure they do not leave the premises until safe to do so.
Mojave High School Graduate
Antelope Valley College, Lancaster, CA Business Law/ Bachelor science
Irvine Valley College, Lancaster, CA Architects/ Bachelor science
April Oliver Cobb
References upon request